5. When will the plane take off?
A. 7:15. B. 7:00. C. 7:30.
6. What kind of weather doesn’t the man like?
A. Cloudy days. B. Hot days. C. Rainy days.
7. Why is the boy still in the library?
A. Because the book is interesting.
B. Because he forgets the time.
C. Because the bad weather prevents him from leaving.
8. How long has the woman been here?
A. For 5 minutes. B. For 20 minutes. C. For 15 minutes.
9. How much more money does the man need to buy the book?
A. 15 yuan. B. 10 yuan. C. 5 yuan.
10. What does the man think of the film?
A. Wonderful. B. Boring. C. Interesting.
11. How many times has the boy read the novel?
A. Never. B. Twice. C. Three times.
12. What will the girl probably do?
A. She’ll borrow the novel. B. She’ll go to buy the novel. C. She’ll work in the bookshop.
Education background ●studied in school for fourteen years
●already 13 years old when he finished school
Father’s advice ●go to town and get a good job
●some clever people are needed to work 14
Hunting for a job ●a man took him into 15
●Joe answered the questions quickly
13. A. eighteen B. sixteen C. seventeen
14. A. in a computer company B. in the bank C. in the office
15. A. a small room B. a big office C. a small hotel
16. Why was Father’s Day started?
A. Because there was a Mother’s Day.
B. Because few countries have a Father’s Day.
C. Because people liked their fathers very much.
17. Where was Father’s Day started?
A. In China. B. In Australia. C. In America.
18. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Father ’s Day has a long history.
B. Father’s Day has a short history.
C. Mother’s Day has a shorter history than Father’s Day.
19. What’s the writer’s idea?
A. Father’s Day is getting popular.
B. Father’s Day is a public holiday in China.
C. Fathers work harder than mothers.
20. What is the real meaning of Father’s Day?
A. To buy presents for fathers. B. To tell children what to do. C. To show love for fathers.
一、单项填空 在A、B、C、D四个选项中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21. Is India __________ European country?
A. the B. an C. a D. 不填
22. — We must act now because time is __________.
— Yes. Let’s start.
A. cutting down B. running out C. pushing in D. handing out
23. Robin broke his left leg in the basketball match last week, since then he __________ in bed.
A. lay B. has lain C. laid D. has laid
24. Many people do not realize the importance of health __________ they have fallen ill.
A. since B. until C. while D. after
25. It’s kind __________ Yao Beina to donate her corneas (眼角膜) _________ three people in need.
A. of; to B. for; to C. of; for D. for; for
26. Checking your answers before handing in your paper can help you __________ mistakes.
A. make B. provide C. avoid D. advise
27. — Why do English people talk so often about the weather when they start a conversation?
— Because the weather is a __________ subject.
A. serious B. good C. close D. safe
28. The librarian told us that we could borrow at most three books __________.
A. at a time B. all the time C. from time to time D. on time
29. — Mm, the meat __________ well and __________ good!
— Of course! You know my father is a good cook.
A. cooks; smells B. is cooked; is smelt C. is cooked; smells D. cooks; is smelt
30. The door is __________ narrow for the elephant __________.
A. too; to go B. enough; to go C. so; to go to D. too; to go through
31. A lot of money __________ at the charity show, but the cost of living __________ a lot, so we still need to do much work to help the disabled people.
A. was raised; has risen B. was raised; were raised
C. rose; has risen D. rose; were raised
32. Not only the twins but also their cousin __________ Japan for half a year, but __________ of them can speak Japanese.
A. has gone to; either B. has been in; either
C. has been in; none D. have been in; none
33. — The secretary’s already on the way to the company, __________ she?
— __________. She was badly hurt in the accident and sent to the hospital.
A. hasn’t; Yes B. hasn’ t; No C. isn’t; Yes D. isn’t; No
34. — Mrs. Liu, can I pass the final exam if I start working hard from now on?
— Of course. __________.
A. Better late than never B. Practice makes perfect
C. Actions speak louder than words D. Many hands make light work
35. — Bill, can I get you anything to drink?
A. You are welcome B. No problem
C. It doesn’t matter D. I wouldn’t mind a cup of coffee
Robby was 11 years old when his mother sent him to have his first piano lesson. I always think that a good learner should begin at his 36 age, but Robby said that it had always been his mother’s dream to hear him play the piano. So I 37 him as a student.
Robby didn’t have a basic 38 of music, but he tried very hard. However, he continued and at the end of each weekly lesson he’d always say, “My mom is going to hear me play some day.”But it seemed 39 . He didn’t have a natural ability for music.
One day Robby stopped coming to our lessons. He told me that his mom had been sick and unable to take him to piano lessons, but he was still 40 .
He asked if he could take part in my concert (音乐会) and I 41 .
The night of the concert came. The concert hall was 42 with parents, friends and relatives. The concert was going well. Then, Robby came on stage (舞台). Loudly and clearly he said that he had chosen Mozart’s Concerto No 21 in C Major. I was not prepared for what I heard next. His 43 danced on the keys.
He played so well that everyone was on his feet, clapping (鼓掌) excitedly. In tears (眼泪), I ran up on stage, “Oh, Robby! How could you do it?”
“Well, Miss Hondorf, remember I told you my mom was sick? Well, the fact is that she had a serious blood disease and passed away this morning. And well… she was born 44 , so tonight was the first time she ever heard me play. I wanted to make 45 special and show her I could do it! My mother’s dream came true at last.”
36. A. bigger B. larger C. later D. earlier
37. A. received B. protected C. knew D. accepted
38. A. education B. sense C. information D. knowledge
39. A. harmless B. helpless C. hopeless D. meaningless
40. A. writing B. practising C. singing D. talking
41. A. agreed B. disliked C. expected D. decided
42. A. covered B. bored C. filled D. enjoyed
43. A. fingers B. feet C. voice D. legs
44. A. blind B. deaf C. strong D. tiny
45. A. her B. me C. it D. us
A reader wrote to say that she was feeling left out at break because her best friend wasn’t around. Here’s our advice to her—and to all kids who feel lonely sometimes.
It’s hard when a best friend isn’t around—maybe because she moved to a different school or a different class. You may feel lonely at break or lunchtime. You want to have new friends, but how do you make them? Maybe it seems that everybody else already has their friends. But remember, there’s always room for more friends.
Start by looking around your classroom—think about which kids you’d like to play with at break. Look for chances to say hi to them, smile, and be friendly. Offer to share something or express your appreciation(欣赏)to them. Invite someone to play with you or say “Do you want to sit here?” in the lunchroom. When you’re at break, walk over to kids you want to play with and say “Hi, can I play, too?” or just join in.
If you find it difficult to do this or if you’re feeling shy, ask your teacher to help you make new friends. Teachers are usually pretty good at matching up friends. The best way to make friends is to be a friend. Be kind, be friendly, share, say nice things, offer to help—and pretty soon, you’ll have one, or two, or even more new friends.
You might still miss that special best friend. But when you see each other, you can share something you didn’t have before she left: You can introduce her to your new friends!
46. This text is written for ____________.
A. teachers B. parents C. students D. Visitors
47. The expression “feeling left out” means “ ____________” in Chinese.
A. 受冷落 B. 被调侃 C. 挨批评 D. 遭攻击
48. Some kids need help from teachers to make friends because ____________.
A. they miss their old friends a lot B. they have no time to stay with others
C. teachers know who wants a new friend D. they are shy or not good at making friends
Weekday mornings are very busy for US middle school students. When your school doesn’t have a bus, and you live too far away to walk, you need a carpool (拼车). A carpool is a group of people sharing the responsibility (责任) of driving to school in the morning. There are usually four or five kids in a carpool and their parents take turns to drive the kids in their cars.
Someone’s car smells like wet dogs. Some kids get to eat desserts (甜点) for breakfast and some parents shout so much that all you try to do is to stay quiet and go unnoticed. When your mom or dad drives the carpool, your classmates get a close-up look at how strange your parents can be. It might be your first sociological (社会学) study and your first time to work with others.
Teamwork is really important in the carpool because nobody wants to make everyone else late. It’s a great lesson in responsibility. Imagine (想象) sitting in the car outside of a classmate’s house, watching the clock and counting the seconds. Then you start to understand how your carpool friends might feel when you are still inside the house at 7:48. You really begin to learn all your real life lessons just moments before the start of school—in the carpool.
49. What is a carpool?
A. Parents take turns to drive their kids to school.
B. Parents drive kids to schools on their way to work.
C. Kids go to school in their parents’ cars.
D. Kids drive their own cars to school.
50. What can students learn from a carpool?
A. How to drive a car. B. How to get along with others.
C. What to do with parents. D. Real teamwork.
51. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. If kids live far away from school, they are always late for school.
B. US children enjoy carpooling better than taking a school bus.
C. Kids can learn real life lessons in a carpool.
D. Kids often have enough time to study in a carpool.
I hid the long black bag in the garage (车库) two days ago. Tonight, in the dark, I would finally take it away. If everything went OK, it would be done by morning. But I had to be sure no one, not even my wife, saw me.
It was more difficult to get away from the party than I expected. I said that the children were tired and needed to get to bed. It was partly true. But the main reason for leaving was that I wanted to complete my plan.
First I had to get the kids to sleep. That was never easy at any time and tonight it was even more difficult. The eldest one wanted to know why we left the party early. I told him 10:30 pm was not early. As usual, I read them a bed time story, but I had to stop myself reading too quickly or they would learn my secret.
Silence finally came, and feeling like a thief (小偷) in the night, I went out of the house and into the garage. Taking one end, I pulled the bag out from its hiding place and took it into the garden. I was worried that my neighbours might see me and call the police.
It was already eleven o’clock. By the light of the moon I started working, trying to make as little noise as possible. And that was not easy with a saw (锯子) and a hammer (锤子).
After much hard work, I finally completed my work. I looked down at my watch. It was exactly 4:00 am. Then I went inside to have a shower and get a few hours of sleep. It wouldn’t be long now before the kids would rush into my room and wake me up to tell me about the new tree-house Father Christmas brought them this year.
52. Why did the man feel nervous?
A. He left the party too late.
B. He was afraid of the darkness.
C. He didn’t know where the black bag was.
D. He worried that others would know his secret.
53. The underlined word “they” in Paragraph 3 refers to_______.
A. thieves B. parents C. children D. neighbours
54. In what order did the man do the following?
a. Read the kids a story. b. Had a shower. c. Worked in the moonlight.
d. Pulled the bag from the garage. e. Went to a party.
A. e-d-a-b-c B. e-a-d-c-b C. a-b-e-d-c D. a-e-d-c-b
55. How would the children feel when they saw the man’s work?
A. Interested. B. Excited. C. Tired. D. Angry.
Every day, it is easy to see advertisements in English all around us. Look at your own bags and clothes, and at the bags and clothes of your classmates. How many different advertisements can you see which use English words?
Often bags and clothes show the name of the company that made them. This is a popular form. Sometimes designers use a special picture or symbol called a logo. Logos appear(出现) on many different products(产品). They are popular because when you see a logo, it is hard to forget that product or company.
It is common to see advertisements on TV and hear them on the radio. Most advertisements are very short. Sometimes the advertisers use a short sentence which is easy for people to remember. Nike, for example, has a simple English sentence all around the world: “Just do it.” Advertisements often use funny situations as well. It is simple to remember it.
All advertisements are designed to make people buy a product. An advertisement for a soft drink, for example, might show a group of young people who are having fun. The young people are al1 drinking the soft drink. Advertisers are saying to you, “Why don’t you buy this drink and be like these people? You can be young and modern.”
You might think that advertisements are not after you, but the next time you buy a soft drink，ask yourself this question: Why am I buying this special product?
You can see advertisements 1 in English.
On bags and clothes ● Logos appear on products.
● It is hard to forget a logo.
On TV and the radio ● Advertisements use short sentences to make people remember them 2
● Funny situations are often 3 as well.
The 4 of designing advertisements ● Make people buy a product.
● Advertisements are always 5 you.
1. Shenzhen used to be a little fish village __________ (在…对面) Hong Kong, but now it has turned into a modern city.
2. Jimmy felt __________ (自豪) than anyone else because he was recommended as “the Most Helpful Student” in our school.
3. I know I can __________ (获得) success if I keep on trying.
4. The mistake is __________ (同样的) to the one that you made in yesterday’s homework.
5. After reading the touching story, I know I should spend my money __________ (wise).
6. The result of the w riting competition is still under __________ (discuss).
7. A Chinese __________ (medicine) team was sent to Nepal soon after the terrible earthquake
8. All the children are often __________ (warn) not to swim alone in the river.
1. Many children in Britain __________ (allow) to have their own bank cards t hese days.
2. Dr. Ma __________ (teach) hundreds of local nurses new skills about eye operations so far.
3. The little boy __________ (punish) sooner or later if he doesn’t behave politely.
4. No doctors gave up __________ (operate) on the old man.
5. Mr. Wu, together wit h his wife __________ (prepare) for their son’s birthday party from 2 to 4
6. They are talking about how __________ (translate) the sentence into English.
7. My classmate tells me the book on the desk __________ (cover) the culture of France.
8. We were happy because our dream __________ (come) true at last.
七、完成句子 按所给的`汉语，用英语完成下列句子。 (本大题共9分，1-2小题每空一词，每空0.5分;其余每句1.5分)
This kind of mobile phone isn’t ⑴ ⑵ for me to ⑶ .
Did you ⑷ ⑸ the Eiffel Tower ⑹ your stay in Paris?
More money our work.
The project the environment but I believe it will.
Do the swimming the athletes?
The TV set . Do you mind turning it off?
“五一”小长假，你们全家去锡惠公园游玩。请你根据以下要点提示，用英语写一篇短文参加以“How to Behave Politely”为主题的征文 比赛，并适当加以评论。要点提示：
亲身经历 1. 我们玩得正开心，不文明的一幕发生了：一位女士满不在乎将垃圾扔在地上;
我的观点 4. 人人都应该学习一些有关礼仪方面的知识;
6. 对我们 来说，提升礼仪是必须的。
1—5 ABBBA 6—10 CCBCB 11—15 CBACA 16—20 ACBAC
21—25 CBBBA 26—30 CDACD 31—35 ACDAD
36—40 DDBCB 41—45 ACABC
46—48 CAD 49—51 ADC 52—55 DCBB
1. everywhere 2. easily 3. used 4. purpose 5. after
1. o pposite 2. prouder 3. achieve 4. similar
5. wisely 6. discussion 7. medical 8. warned
1. are allowed 2. has taught 3. will be punished 4. operating
5. was preparing 6. to translate 7. covers 8. came
1. cheap, enough, afford
2. risk, climbing, during
3. is needed to carry on with
4. hasn’t made much difference to
5. coaches have (any) trouble/ problems explaining it/ the thing to
6. has been on for a few/ several hours
During this May Day Holiday, all my family visited Xihui Park. We were enjoying ourselves when something impolite happened. A lady dropped some litter carelessly on the ground. I tried to stop her from doing that, but she refused to listen to me. I picked it up and threw it into the bin/ dustbin. I thin k everyone should learn something about manners. When we are in the library, we should keep quiet. When we cross the road, we should obey traffic rules (watch the traffic lights first). (Before we get on a bus, we should queue for our turn.) It’s necessary for us improve our manners.
第17周：第1课时(Unit 1)第2课时(Unit 2)第3课时(Unit3) 第4课时(Unit4) 第5课时(Unit5)
第18周：第6课时完成《同步学习》期中试卷 第7课时( Unit6)第8课时(Unit7) 第9课时(Unit8 )