1.Is this kind of peta pet dog these days?
A.as trendy as B. more trendier than
C.much trendy than D. not so trendier as
2.Don't laugh at her. She isany of the others in your class.
A.as clever a student as B. as a clever student as
C.so clever a student as D. so a clever student like
3.--- How do you usually go to work?
--- On foot.Walking is muchthan driving during the heavy traffic time.
A.fast B. faster C. more faster D. fastest
4.Now the air in our city isthan it used to be. Something must be done to stopit.
A.good B. bad C. worse D. better
5.--- Health is money.
--- But I thinkit ismoney.
A.as important as B. more important than
C.so important than D. the same as
A.are both, like both B. are both, both like
C.both are, both like D. both are, like both
7.--- Many people eatmeat than they did before.
--- Yes, that'swhy they're getting fatter and fatter.
A.more B. less C. fewer D. much
8.--- Our teamthe match. We've got the first place!
--- Well done!Congratulations!
9.My friend is the same ageme.
A.or B. like C. as D. so
10.Yougive up smoking.
A.could B. would C. should D. might
11.He isTom, because they both enjoy playing basketball.
A.same as B. similar to
C.the same as D. the similar to
12.Linda is willingshare thingsher friends.
A.at; with B. to; with C. with; at D. with; to
13.I alwaysthe school before seven o'clock.
A.reach to B. get C. arrive D. reach
14.--- Do you know what“Helping Center”does?
--- Yes. Itserves the disabled and it is similar to charities.
A.really B. specially C. truly D. extremely
15.They are having a meeting in the next room, so we must doeverything.
A.loud B. loudly C. quiet D. quietly
16.--- Is chemistry more difficult than physics?
--- No,chemistry isn't asas physics.
A.easy B. difficult
C.easier D. more difficult
17.Mike is stillwith his work as he was when I saw him last.
A.more careful B. the most careful
C.as careful D. as carefully
18.--- Steve is good at writing short stories.
--- So he is.But he writesthan us. So he can't get good grades in writing.
A.most carefully B. more carefully
C.less carefully D. least carefully
19.During this year's Reading Week, I read the most books inour class. No one readbooks than I.
A.many B. more C. few D. fewer
20.--- That book I lent you yesterday isthan this one.
--- Really? I'llreturn it to you as soon as I finish reading it.
A.much expensive B. more expensive
C.as expensive D. too expensive
21. Tina used to be shy, but now she is o.
22. I can't hear you. Can you speak more l?
23. She sat at the desk and smiled qatme.
24. Mary studies hard. She is very h.
25. Did you enter the dancing clastweek?
26. --- How was your summer vacation?
--- It was f.I had a good time in Beijing.
27. The room is so dark that I can't seeanything c.
28. This girl could sing when she wasthree. She is very tinmusic.
29. Don't be worried. It's nothing s.
30. It is sunny today, so it is not nforyou to take an umbrella.
31. If you find some important ionthe Internet, you can download it.
32. We shouldn't latthe people who are in trouble. Instead, we should help them.
33. Nobody bthewindow. It may be the wind.
34. Little Tom was very happy because hegot a high ginthe exam.
35. Your disease is still in its pstage.
36. The teacher is very(随和) and her students like her a lot.
37. The fans cheered(大声地) for their football team.
38. Father walked into my bedroom(轻轻地) and put a present on my desk.
39. Lucy is more(努力的) than Jane, so she gets bettergrades at school.
40. She did very well in the swimming(比赛).
41. Song Zuying's concert(音乐会) is(极好的). We all love it.
42. I can't hear you(清楚地). Could you please speak moreslowly.
43. She is a very(有天赋) dancer.
44. Mr. Wang is more(严肃的) than other teachers.
45. It's(必要的.) for a student to eat vegetablesevery day.
46. Every time you(到达) a new place, you will see a lotof useful information about that place on your screen.
47. Don't(触摸) the machine. It's dangerous.
48. Please ask Mrs. Liu for(信息).
49. We should never l(笑) at others' mistakes(错误).
50. Take care not to(打破) the glass.
Our parents will be pleased with ourperformancewetry our best.
We know that the ways of learning math arethoseof learning English.
53. Though many children get Mr. Guo'shelp,(事实上), his family is not rich enough.(词数不限)
Their family life is.
Beforeyou make friends, you have to decide whom you want to choose to be yourfriends. Most people like to have friends who like to do56kinds of things as they do. Think about yourfavourite things and try talking to your classmates about your57.
Thequickest way to make a friend is to58. If you do so, people think you are59. At first, it may not be easy to smile. However,remember that60likes an angry face.
Oneeasy way to talk with people is to say61about them. For example, you could talkabout one's great answer62a teacher's question, or someone's prettyshirt, etc.
Askyour new friends questions about63. Who's their64singer? Where do they live? Who's theirteacher? What do they do after school? These are all good questions to start aconversation.
Aftermaking some friends that65the same interests, it's always fun to playor do some other things together. And this is the right way to make yourfriendship closer.
56. A. different B. the same C. many D. all
57. A. family B. school C. parents D.hobbies
58. A. smile B. write C. sing D. shout
59. A. clever B. friendly C. lazy D. helpful
60. A. everybody B. we C. nobody D. somebody
61. A. nice something B. somethinginteresting
C. interesting something D. something nice
62. A. to B. of C. with D. on
63. A. yourself B. me C. themselves D. it
64. A. new B. interesting C. favourite D.best
65. A. like B. make C. deliver D. share
LittleBob, less than ten years old, came to a new town with his parents. His familywas very rich. They lived in a beautiful house with a big garden. They had adriver, a cook, and a gardener.
Bobwas going to a new school. On the first day his mother said to him, "Bob,remember not to say we are rich."
Bobsaid, "Yes, Mummy."
SoBob went to school. He met his new teachers and new classmates. When the bellrang for class, the teacher said, "Boys and girls, our first composition(作文) is My Family".
Allthe children began to write. Bob wrote, "My father is poor. My mother ispoor. Our cook is very poor. Our driver is very poor. Our gardener is verypoor. So I am very poor, too".
66. Bob and his parents lived.
A. in a small house B. in a big house witha garden
C. in a big city D. in the countryside(乡村)
67. In Bob's family there are at least (至少)people.
A. three B. four C. five D. six
68. Bob's parents were.
A. poor B. rich C. very bad D. very kind
Manychildren feel that the most important people in their lives are their friends.They believe that family members don't know them as well as their friends Inlarge families, it is quite often for brothers and sisters to fight with eachother and then can go to their friends for some ideas.
Itis very important for children to have one or more good friends. Even when theyare not with their friends, they usually spend a lot of time talking on thephone with them. This communication is very important to children's growth,because friends can discuss something, but it is difficult to discuss it withfamily members. However, most parents like to choose friends for their childrento meet their good friends.
Whochoose your friends? What do your parents think of your friends?
Youranswers are welcome.
69. Many children thinkcanunderstand them better
A. parents B. friends C. sisters D. teachers
70. From the passage, we know that it isimportant for children to.
A. play with friends B. make friends
C. communication with friends D. B and C
71. When children have something difficultto say to their parents, they usually.
A. fight with parents
B. discuss it with their friends
C. go to their brothers and sisters for help
D. leave home
72. The sentence “ Your answers arewelcome.” means.
A. You are welcome to discuss the questionswith us
B. We think your answers are wrong
C. You can give us the right answers
D. We don't believe your answers
73. Which of the following is Trueaccording to the passage?
A. Parents don't love their children at all
B. Brothers and sisters never fight witheach other
C. Parents should understand their childrenbetter
D. Children would like their parents tochoose friends for them
Likeschools in China, American schools begin in September(九月) after a long summer holiday.There are two terms in a school year. The first term is from September toJanuary and the second is from February(二月) to thestart of June(六月). Usually American children begin togo to school when they are five years old. Most students are seventeen oreighteen years old when they finish high school.
Butunlike middle school students in China, high school students in America takeonly four or five subjects each term. They usually go to the same classes everyday and have homework for every class. After class they do all kinds ofinteresting things.
Afterhigh school, many students go to college. They may go to a small or a largeone. They usually have to pay a lot for their higher education. So lots ofstudents work after school to make money for their studies.
74. In America, summer holiday lasts(持续).
A. one month B. two months
C. three months D. more than three months
75. Students only stay at school for aboutyearsbefore they go to college.
A. five B. six C. twelve D. fourteen
76. The word "college" means ""in Chinese.
A.大学 B. 公司 C. 研究院 D. 工厂
77. Many American students work afterclass, because they.
A. want to see interesting things
B. have to help the other people
C. want to make more friends
D. have to get money for their studies
78. The passage is mainly(主要地) about.
A. the differences between schools in Chinaand in America
B. schools in China
C. schools in Europe
D. American students' school life
Oneday an American called Simon went to London to visit his friend, Rick. Ricktold him that his flat was on the first floor. When he arrived, Simon wentstraight to the first floor of the building. But he was told that there was noone called Rick on that floor. Do you know why?
Infact, the British call the first floor of a building the ground floor. Thefloor above the ground floor is the first floor. But Americans would call itthe second floor.
Thestory shows that there are some differences in culture between Britain and America,though the British and Americans both speak English.
TheBritish usually hide their feelings. They seldom start a conversation withstrangers. For example, on the train the British often spend their time readingnewspapers or books. But Americans are quite different. They're more active andeasier to talk with.
TheBritish and Americans may use differenttermsformany things. The British usually use football, eraser and mail while Americanslike to use soccer, rubber and post.
79. Simon went to London to.
A. visit his friend B. spend his holiday
C. study English D. have a meeting
80. Which picture shows us where Rick'sflat was?
81. According to the passage, the Britishusually spend their timeonthe train.
A. playing cards B. talking loudly
C. doing some reading D. singing and dancing
82. What does the underlined word"terms" in the passage mean in Chinese?
A.成果 B. 学期 C. 会议 D. 用语
83. What's the best title for the passage?
A. Differences in Culture B. Simon's FunnyStory
C. Information Abroad D. Hiding the Feelings
ThomasEdison's lab was badly destroyed by fire in December, 1914.84.
Muchof Edison's life's work went up in flames(火焰) on that December night. After seeing the fire, Edison's24-year-old son, Charles, looked for his father among the smoke.85.Edison'sface turned red and his white hair blew in the wind.
"Iam happy that he is still alive," said Charles. "He is 67—no longer ayoung man—and everything is going up in flames. When he saw me, he shouted, "86."When Charles told him he didn't know, Edison said, "Find her.87.Shewill never see anything like this."
Thenext morning, Edison looked at the damage and said, "There is great valuein disaster(灾难). All ourmistakes are burnt. We can start again."
Threeweeks after the fire, Edison showed his first phonograph(留声机). To invent something, you need agood imagination and a lot of junk.
A. Bring her here.
B. 'Charles, where's your mother?'
C. Edison stayed in the lab.
D. The cost of the damage was over $2million.
E. 'Do you know who made the fire?'
F. He finally found him and saw that he wasquietly watching the fire.
Dear Mr. Zhang,
Nextweek, a group of exchange students (交换生) from the USA will come to visit Taizhou. I make a plan for them.We will eat breakfast at our school first. Then we can take them to MeiLanfang's Former House (故居) by bus. It takes only 25minutes. They can learn to sing Beijing opera there.
Inthe afternoon, we will go to Tiandehu Park and take some photos there. In thepark we can have a picnic as our lunch. Then we will go to the cinema to watcha new film. After that the girls can go to the shopping malls to buy thingsthey like and we will take the boys to our school playground to play footballfor one and a half hours.
Inthe evening we shall invite(邀请) them for dinner in a restaurant. They can try Chinese food. I' msure they will have a good time in our city.
88. Where are the exchange students from?
89. How long does it take from Tony'sschool to Mei Lanfang's Former House by bus?
90. How many places will the exchangestudents go to in the afternoon?
91. Will the exchange students have dinnerin a restaurant?
92. What's Tony mainly talking about?
1. A 2. A 3. B 4. C5. B
6. B 7. A 8. C 9. C10. C
11. B 12. B 13. D 14. B 15. D
16. B 17. C 18. C 19. B 20. B
21. outgoing22. loudly23. quietly
36. outgoing37. loudly38. quietly
45. necessary46. reach47. touch
48. information49. laugh50. break
51. as long as52.different from53.in fact
54. similar to ours55. careabout
56. B 57. D 58. A 59. B 60. C
61. D 62. A 63. C 64. C 65. D
66. B 67. D 68. B 69. B 70. D
71. B 72. A 73. C 74. C 75. C
76. A 77. D 78. A 79. A 80. B
81. C 82. D 83. A
84. D 85. F86. B87. A
88. The USA.
89. Only 25 minutes.
91. Yes, they will.
92. A plan for exchange students.